The conventional wisdom is that a company’s ability to hire local workforce is dependent on the availability of appropriately qualified manpower. This is not the SpringRock way. Rather at SpringRock we invest to enhance the availability of adequately qualified individuals. This results in our overcoming the challenges related to developing and retaining local workforce that has the requisite skill that matches our business requirements. We also recognize that as activity in an area increase the pool of workforce is depleted hence working in growing the pool is the only sustainable way to continue to actively engage the local community in our business operations.
By engaging in education and training programs we impact the following skills which makes all workforce hireable for our needs.
- Technical training related to construction activities, welding, fabrication and equipment operation
- Training in health, safety and environment protection principles and practices
- Soft skill related to fundamentals of the Oil and Gas industry and Basic Management
- Training on Ethics principles and Code of Conduct in line with our policies.
Employment of suitably qualified and able-bodied individuals would be a cornerstone of our man power development without sacrificing the operational standards of SpringRock. On a yearly basis, we would take on board a number of undergraduates from the host communities for skills and techniques training.
These persons on graduation would be empowered to seek gainful employment in other organizations or be absorbed in SpringRock when such opportunities exist.
The areas of Infrastructure Investment by the trust are as outlined below. These are the areas based on our assessment of the need in the areas that we would operate. We would also continuously engage with community stakeholders in further dialogue with the communities to ensure that our programs are aligned with their interests and this would enable any other relevant areas to be incorporated in our infrastructure development program.
- Infrastructure: Clean Portable Water
- Infrastructure: Educational Facilities
- Entrepreneurial Grants
- Training on Health and Safety
- Farming Project Support and Provision of Support materials
- Tractor and Other farming equipment rental scheme