The issue regarding the environmental dimension is to determine whether or not our projects has a positive environmental impact and how the key aspects of environment have been considered. The following issues should be considered:
- To what degree will the project reduce or prevent emission of persistent toxic pollutants?
- Will the project result in the recovery of natural resources?
- Is the use of fossil energy reduced by the project?
- Is the project of benefit to biodiversity?
- How have green procurement targets been included within the project?
With regards to the economic dimension, it is important to identify the sustainable economic drivers that influence the project and to determine whether or not the project in itself makes any kind of contribution for the establishment of economic tools for sustainable development.
- How does the project strengthen the financial tools for ecosystem protection?
- Have the costs of all ecosystem effects been taken into consideration?
- Are all the financial drivers of the project sustainable?
- Has the polluter pays principle been followed?
Administration of this policy shall be the responsibility of the Managing Director of each Business Group. The Managing Director shall be responsible for the implementation of this policy and will make the necessary resources available to realize our corporate responsibilities.
The responsibility for our performance to this policy rests with all employees throughout the company.